Forget the bailouts – the economic stimulus bill is the biggest robbery of Americans in history. Americans knew their money was being flushed down the toilet with the bailouts. The stimulus bill is supposed to be something that “stimulates” the economy and helps out Americans in need. What it helps is government getting more power. Just read the beginning of the stimulus bill:
Making supplemental appropriations for job preservation and creation, infrastructure investment, energy efficiency and science, assistance to the unemployed, and State and local fiscal stabilization, for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2009, and for other purposes.
The fleecing begins at “And for other purposes.” The bill does more for “other purposes” than it does for the promises before it. This bill is an abomination. It is a 30% increase in the federal budget under the disguise of stimulus. 825 billion dollars here. Think about that. What an insult to call it a stimulus package. The jobs created in this bill aren’t even permanent jobs. Most of the things that appear to be beneficial are probably not, since the government has a history of making promises while simultaneously making huge sums of money disappear.
Government got us in this mess by a combination of greed and being asleep at the wheel. Their answer to get us out is doing more of the same. More of the same in hyper-drive. To paraphrase Barack Obama – only government can get us out of the mess that government got us into. This bill has been drawn up so quickly, how can it possibly be well thought out?
There are billions of dollars in the bill for groups like ACORN. There is $335,000,000 for STD prevention. It takes 335 million to tell people about prevention of venereal diseases? I can tell you the 3 things that can work – not counting luck: Monogamy, abstinence and condoms. I won’t charge you for that information. Barack Obama and the United States Government will charge you 335 million for the same education.
They government has a history of spending money on STD education. In the past they have spent over half a million dollars on such things as “Booty Call” and “Great Sex.” That doesn’t sound like STD prevention. Sounds like a breeding ground for STD’s. Whatever it was, it obviously didn’t work, since venereal diseases are at an all-time high. In this bill:
4) not less than $335,000,000 shall be used as an additional amount to carry out domestic HIV/AIDS, viral hepatitis, sexually-transmitted diseases, and tuberculosis prevention programs, as jointly determined by the Secretary and the Director;
5) not less than $60,000,000 shall be used as an additional amount to carry out environmental health programs, as jointly determined by the Secretary and the Director;
6) not less than $50,000,000 shall be used as an additional amount to carry out injury prevention and control programs, as jointly determined by the Secretary and the Director;
(7) not less than $30,000,000 shall be used as an additional amount for public health workforce development activities, as jointly determined by the Secretary and the Director;
(8) not less than $40,000,000 shall be used as an additional amount for the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health to carry out research activities within the National Occupational Research Agenda; and…
These are just a couple examples of the fleecing going on in this stimulus bill. I encourage you to browse through this 647 page monster. Notice the wording such as “not less than” throughout the bill. Do you think you will ever know where even a fraction of this money actually goes, not to mention where it came from in the first place? Barack Obama promised he wouldn’t sign a bill with pork in it. Speaking of pork – it really is ironic that STD prevention and family planning are in this bill, since Americans are being raped by the government here.