I’ve put together a great cranberry sauce recipe. You might not want canned cranberry sauce again after trying this homemade recipe. If you want yours less tart you can increase any of the sweet ingredients to accomplish that. You could also mash it up if you want a smoother sauce. But this is really good as is and you can taste the natural cranberries without it being overly sweet with some texture for those who like a more natural taste.
- 1 12-oz. bag fresh cranberries (approx. 3 cups)
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar, plus more as needed
- 3 tbsp real maple syrup
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Combine all the ingredients in a medium-sized pot over medium heat.
2. As the cranberries cook, they may start to pop. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15-20 minutes until you no longer hear the cranberries popping and the sauce is starting to get thick. It will continue to thicken as it cools.
3. Allow cranberry sauce to cool and then refrigerate. Tastes good warm as well.